Tonight the boys and I went to Chick-Fil-A for their mother/son date “knight.” My boys were in medieval boy heaven! The back corner of our C-F-A was decorated like a castle, we were served at our table, they were allowed to have a milkshake, AND we had a tour of the kitchen and a limo ride afterwards! Talk about exciting! The boys will probably remember those things, and that’s okay–I will too! But what I never want to forget are their answers to the questions that C-F-A had left on the table for conversation starters. Here are the questions and answers:
- What does a boy have to do to become a knight? Jack- “Fight some dragons!”
- Do you remember a time when you had to be brave? Daniel- “At the fair with the hand dryer” (By way of explanation, Daniel is just overcoming a strong fear of bathroom hand dryers and had a major feat of bravery at the fair last week.)
- If you had to hide something in a safe place, where would it be? Daniel- “In the closet!” Jack – echoed Daniel
- Who is the bravest person you know? Daniel- “Owen!” (Another word of explanation- we saw the Powells as they were on their way out, and Tess shared that Owen had named himself as the bravest person he knew. I guess that was good enough for Daniel!) Jack- “Me!”
- What kinds of things can you protect me against? Jack- “Dragons!” Daniel- “and bad guys!”
- Would you rather have super strength or the ability to fly? Both boys chose flying.
- Would you rather be a spider for a week or an elephant for a year? Daniel chose elephant, and Jack chose spider.
- Would you rather give up candy or ice cream forever? Daniel said candy, and Jack said ice cream.
- Would you rather live on the moon or underwater in the ocean? Both boys said on the moon.
- Would you rather wear a clown nose or clown shoes to __________? (the paper said school/work but I said church) Daniel- “Nothing clown!” Jack- shoes